Friday, September 22, 2006

Travelogue Day 32

25/6/06

I've been writing all about the Dendy Awards and Thank you for Smoking on the two hour train ride to Katoomba. These trains aren't bad, but I'm not sure how I'd like to take a multi-day trip on one if I weren't in a sleeper compartment.

I'm surprised I made it to the train station early enough considering we were at the Marble bar last night after the film. At a distance, the landscape of these hills and mountains of the Blue Mountains looks quite similar to southern Ohio, but when you get closer, the differences appear. Perhaps I'll take pictures on the return trip.

I hope to make it to the YHA in a timely fashion, so I can go location and trail scouting. Then all I'll have to do is figure out how I'm going to carry everything I need for my walkabout tomorrow.

I used the area map they gave me at reception to make my way to the Prince Henry Cliff Walk. The start at Merriwa St. was rather good, and I'll have to see what lies down the stairs early on. I'm on my last set of batteries for my camera. I'll have to buy more soon unfortunately.

I did see some great views, got pictures of some of them, and saw some pretty birds. I neglected to get photos of them because I wanted to take photos on the walk tomorrow.

I also forgot my towel. We'll see how the showering goes without it.

It went ok, but I'd really rather have brought my towel.

No comments: