Sunday, September 24, 2006

Travelogue Day 35

28/6/06

I took a fairly early (10:30) train back to Sydney. I would have stayed longer and bushwalked a bit, but a leather duffel bag seemed more of a hindrance than a benefit.

When I got back, I began considering changing some of my eating/shopping habits once I am back stateside. With the abundance of bakeries here, their distinctly better quality products, and my less restricted budget, I've noticed that it's not so terribly more expensive to get freshly baked products compared with the supermarket. I'll have to price out the bakeries near my apartment to see if this holds true there as well. If so, I'll be buying bread more often. Then all I'll need is a crock pot to make stews and soups while I'm out for eating with the good bread.

**Update: Most bakeries I can find near me do not have a good selection of breads. It saddens me.

No comments: