Sunday, September 24, 2006

Travelogue Day 41

4/7/06

Independence Day, w00t!

The exclamation point is a bit excessive, but it is 4th July. I finished up my Powerpoint presentation for later in the day, and went for a meat pie for lunch (I like them entirely too much, I think I have a problem). I've started customizing my blogger page in preparation for my move to only posting content there. Karl now has two small exposures.

The presentations went over pretty well. I felt I could have done much better, but it wasn't a dismal showing. I predict I scored in the B range.

After the presentations, Greg flew to Melbourne (he'll be back for class tomorrow. I don't know how he does it while recovering form the flu), and we had a three course meal at the Broadway Cafe. It was all rather good, and I put away a free bottle of wine. By the end of the night, it wasn't tasting that great, but finishing it was a matter of pride.

I also saw Shirene (I still have no idea how to spell her name) and Jess there. Unfortunately they were working, so not much conversation could be had, but Shirene had some very exciting news. She was called to interview for a special effects position on Where the Wild Things Are. It's doubly good since she hadn't approached them; they sought her out. I'll probably be boasting that I know her in the not too distant future.

She had also taken to calling me Casanova after hearing of certain events from Kim, in excruciating detail from the sound of it.

No comments: