Sunday, September 24, 2006

Travelogue Day 37

30/6/06

I went on my wine tour today. We stopped at three wineries and sampled their wines. I discovered that I'm not a chardonnay sort of fellow. I visited Ivanhoe, Pepper Creek, and McKliesh(sp?) wineries. None of their wines outshined Ernest Hill's .

I had a number of soft cheeses at the McGuigan winery that were quite good, but I kept myself from buying any. I would have bought them, but I knew I'd never be able to eat them in time. Also, dusty, the tour leader, was rather knowledgeable with a good personality for this sort of thing.

My judgment was clouded by the very attractive young lady running the tasting at Pepper Creek, and I bought a bottle of wine I already knew was mediocre.

I've had far too much wine tonight, but it was rather enjoyable.

No comments: