Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Travelogue Day 13

6/6/06

Finished the lecture on Australian film to present and watched The Castle in class today. Clips from Alvin Purple make it look very entertaining too. Lynden Barber, artistic director for the Sydney Film Festival, came in to talk to us today as well. He was rather interesting and many of his festival picks were already on my screening list.

Later, we watched Candy at the Dendy theater in Newtown. The Dendy cinemas are very comfortable, well put together. The movie was alright. I, of course, disliked te covers of "Song to the Siren" they used. It also ran a bit long for my tastes. I would have had it end when Dan came home to find Candy gone and their story written on the walls. Everything else was ok, but it didn't put me off heroin like Requiem for a Dream.

After the absinth last night, I awoke feeling like a million dollars. I did, however, wake a few times during the night whispering something I believe must have been about whatever I was dreaming at the time. I'm hoping for a repreat performance tonight. Well, not the whispering bit, but if I wake tomorrow feeling as much better than today as I did this morning with regard to yesterday, I'll be well and rather pleased.

No comments: