Sunday, July 23, 2006

Travelogue Day 5

29/5/06

First day of class, and it was good, a lot of information.

We watched a DVD on the history of Sydney (need to see if I can get a copy of this somewhere), and Devon and I had some quality conversation with Daryl and Fred. We also worked out which films at the Sydney Film Festival would be compulsory today.

After class, Devon, Marc, and I went to Chinatown for lunch. Yum cha is good (tea time menu: small plates of three to four tasty items). I also tried some of Marc's shark fin soup. It was rather bland. I don't get the hype. Later, Devon and I went to the Australian Youth. It was nice, a possible local, but the search for a permanent local is still on.

I got far too much pancetta at the deli today. I must get used to using metric units. It also seems like Aussie food labels could help you eat healthier once you know how to read them. They tend to tell you in more detail what percentage of which ingredients compose your food, within reason, and also make it easy to find which preservatives and flavour enhancers are in there too once you know which one is flavour enhancer 220.

The faculty and organizers of this program are great. We should definitely treat them to drinks before we leave.

No comments: