Friday, July 21, 2006

Travelogue Day 2

26/5/06 (What happened to 25? I think it must have fallen down a hole somewhere)

I get in feeling more refreshed than when I left (thank you Qantas). Once through customs, we met Al and were driven to the UniLodge by the crazy Russian shuttle service. I say this because the driver of the van that Devon, Marc, and I were in spent the entire time on a walkie talkie, going back and forth with someone in russian while trying to drive with his other hand. We made it to the UniLodge ok and got checked in with Pascal. My room is quite spacious as it was intended for two.




I managed to get unpacked, showered, and changed by the time we were to meet Al downstairs for the surprisingly short walk to the classroom building.

Al, Mark, Pascal, and everyone had bought us our second large coffees of the day by this tme, and we were introduced to everyone. We got the course timeline, a general idea of the courses, our mobile phones, and a Sydney magazine among other things. At this point, I was experienceing tactile hallucinations, so I'm sure I lost a lot of the info from today.

We took our things back to our rooms, had lunch at a very affordable place attached to the UniLodge, and headed down to Circular Quay (pronounced key). We walked a bit, saw the Opera House and the Rocks, and walked around learning a lot of things I'm sure I've forgotten before coming back for dinner. We were met by everyone at the Lansdowne, a place with a really great meal deal where you get a meal for $5 or $10 when you purchase a drink. The food was good, the beer was good, and it was all expensed. Mark and Pascal also suggested the Clare and Australian Youth as possible locals. I'll have to check them out.

I crashed into bed quite early. Having a bed that rolls so easily is interesting. I must try to stabilize it.

No comments: