Sunday, July 23, 2006

Travelogue Days 7 and 8

31/5/06

Watched Bliss, another excellent film. Devon, Mike, and I went with Daryl to the Broadway Cafe during the break before our 14:00 meeting with Greg, the instructor of our entertainment promotion class. I learned that Aussie businesses tend not to quibble over big bills ($100 to pay a $3.80 bill) and had some interesting conversation.

I'll be making my way down to the State Theatre again today. I have to get the rest of my tickets for the festival. I think I'll price out some chartreuse while I'm here since I'll be seeing a doco about the monastic order that distills it.

Greg's class was intersting. All indications are that I'll be putting together a promotional program for the Creative Commons organization. It promises to be an experience. After class I watched the interviews with Chopper on the Chopper DVD. He's just as charismatic as Eric Bana portrayed him.

Went to Newtown Thai II. The food was good. The company reinforced my determination to never go anywhere with <one of our number> if I can at all avoid it.

1/6/06

Saw The Tracker and a number of film clips as well. Many more are still to be seen.

This evening I saw The Herd at the Manning Pub on the Sydney University campus. Aussie hip-hop is pretty good. Tonight also saw the origin of the "ride the bus" joke.

I've spent far too much on booze tonight.

No comments: