Sunday, July 23, 2006

Travelogue Day 6

30/5/06

Watched Chopper in class today. It was quite good, cold colours, lighthearted violence, and a criminal you can't help but like. Afterward, Daryl led us down to Darling Harbour by way of Chinatown. It's easily a tourist trap, but quite pretty. There is a Chinese garden down there that I must go back to visit.

We then walked over to the State Theatre on Market Street. It's set amongst what appear to be some rather fancy shops. It is one of the old picture palaces and adorned properly. I must go back sometime to photograph the entryway, at the very least.








Walking back to the UniLodge by way of George/Broadway Street seemed to take much longer than the journey out. I fell asleep far too early (~19:00) and missed an interesting night out.


**Sadly, I never got any photos of the State Theatre myself despite going there far too many times for screenings. These photos were taken from here without permission. I hope they don't mind.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Those photos are awesome. I just wish the original uploaded sizes were larger.

Vampire said...

Me too. I just kept forgetting to bring my camera to the screenings there, or we would have some much larger images to view. I'm pretty sure it would take some time with the GIMP before they looked that good though.